Thursday, July 8, 2010

What's Wrong with the Worlds Music? Part 1

I am amazed and heart broken by the number of God's people that see nothing wrong with listening to the music of this world. The bible clearly tells us to "come out from among them", and that means our music too! What is really discouraging to me is to see people that told me when I was a teenager that I shouldn't be listening to secular music, and now they do! Has God changed? Absolutely not! The kind of music that Christians should listen to should be music that Honors and Glorifies God!

Eph 5:19 speaking to yourselves in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.

Psalms 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing PRAISE to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalms 21:13 Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we SING and PRAISE thy power.

Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my SONG will I PRAISE him.

Psalms 33:2-3 PRAISE the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.


One doesn't have to look far into secular music to see that it does everything BUT honor God. There are many reasons that can be given as to why a child of God should not listen to the music of this world, but here are four very simple reasons.

1. Secular Music is Satanic

David Bowie in Rolling Stone magazine (Feb. 12, 1976), stunned the music world, when he stated:
"Rock has always been THE DEVIL'S MUSIC . . . I believe rock and roll is dangerous . . . I feel we're only heralding SOMETHING EVEN DARKER THAN OURSELVES."


The super group, Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire", commands young people to jump into hell:

"Follow me now my child . . .
DO JUST AS I SAY . . .
Jump by your will or be taken by force I'll get you either way . . .
So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land
COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG
So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."



In the cover song, "The Prince", Metallica openly sing:

"Angel from below . . .
I WISH TO SELL MY SOUL . . .
DEVIL TAKE MY SOUL
with diamonds you repay I don't care for heaven
so don't you look for me to cry
AND I WILL BURN IN HELL from the day I die."


Do these songs sound like ANYTHING a child of God should be listening to?

Paul McCartney said, "We probably seem to be anti-religious. . . none of us believes in God." (Hit Parader, Jan 1970, p.15)

Rock star, Marilyn Manson, proudly boasts:
"Hopefully, I'll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)


What about the group Nickelback, and their song that was released a few years ago "Rockstar"? Thru the verses of the song he's making a deal with the devil, telling him every thing that he needs to be a "Rockstar".

By his own words, Carlos Santana admits to having communications with a demon named Metatron.
"Metatron is an angel. Santana has been in regular contact with him since 1994. Carlos will sit here facing the wall, the candles lit. He has a yellow legal pad at one side, ready for the communications that will come. 'It's kind of like a fax machine,' he says."

Does it sound like any of this music, or any of these performers are bringing honor and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ thru their music? Of course the answer is no, but why are there so many professing Christians that see nothing wrong with listening to this garbage?
On and on we could go about how this kind of music is satanic. I could not in one blog post everything that I have come across about these groups and how wicked and vile they are. There is so much information on the web available for anyone to see, and here are some great websites so you can do your own research.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/devils_music.htm

http://www.freedomministries.org.uk/godwin/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment